Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Get By with a Little Help From my Friends


The Beatles title of the blog has absolutely nothing to do with the following post... I just happen to have that particular song in my head (even though it is true to life).
Haven't wrote much in about a week or so.. but I'm sitting in environmental bio right now, and we're talking about different types of disturbances (ie. tornadoes and other weather, as well as human made). I still haven't decided what I thought about this class yet... and there's only two weeks left. There are definitely some things in the class that are talked about that I do not agree with, and I think that's been taking a toll on my test grades (oops)
But.. we were also talking about this guy right here (<--). He's the Florida Panther, and is apparently endangered (there's like only 70 or so left). But they're trying to make little corridors of habitat for the panther to live in because they kinda killed his natural habitat.

But anyways... last night, I attempted to watch the Curious Case of Benjamin Button.. it was quite sad, and really long. By the time 1am rolled around, I turned it off because I was so tired I couldn't focus on Brad Pitt aging downwards anymore. (That was Brad Pitt, right? I really have no idea who's who in Hollywood to be honest) I did, however, enjoy it. At least the part that I got to see. It was interesting to see him change age, etc. The things that Hollywood can do never ceases to amaze me.

Random thing my teacher just said: What would happen if UD decided today to just stop mowing the lawn?
It was an interesting question that is very easy to answer (yay for succession), but I still would love to see UD randomly stop mowing the grass. Imangine what the alumni would say.

So, this morning, I woke up really late, almost not waking up at all (I put all the blame onto Benjamin Button for keeping me awake all night haha). So, I decided to throw some water into the water heater to have some coffee to-go. And now I've got a deliciuos cafe mocha with me in class. The only downside: pouring the water into my new mug, I spilled a bit of very hot water onto my hand and burnt it. OOPS. Talk about somewhat painful.
S0, that was a bad start.. but it's getting better. I am already out of class now, and am sitting in Trabant with Rebecca(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! happy Rebecca???) and our coffee (as well as my Blueberry muffin!!)... and on our way over here, we got free Monsters! word. I love Monster... we just need to make sure Garrett doesn't go anywhere near them.
And then tonight, my mom, my friend Katie, and I are going to the mall for facials and dinner. It's rare when I'm excited for something so ooberly girly, but oh well.

On Friday night, Rebecca and I are going to a semi-formal with a few of our friends (a bunch of nerds? Attempting to dance? HAHAHAHAHA this should be an excellent night) so we're both really excited about that. And Kelllllllllliiiiiiii is doing my hair! (yay best friend!) I love getting dressed up in pretty dresses for pretty nights. It's always very exciting.
Ok, I'm going to go enjoy my muffin now. And possibly do some bio reading, though knowing me that one will not be happening..... well, maybe it will since this chapter is all about genetic variations.

Love, me. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment